Opesa loan app is a loan product of APA insurance which is based in Kenya. The company provides instants loans through Mpesa. Opesa loans do not require an application form or security as collateral.
That said, we’re going to show you how to apply for a loan on Opesa. And when we say how, we mean the right way so that your credit is disbursed fast. Without much talking, let’s do this.
But first things first, let’s see how the loan app works and what the guys back on Opesa look for before trusting you with their money.
How Opesa loan app works
So, how does the loan app works? Here is how? Once you downloaded and registered on Opesa loan app, the app goes straight into the action. Using a machine-learning algorithm just like other loan apps do, the app scans your contact details and the SMS folder of course with your permission.
So why does it snoop around your phone? Well, the app crawls your phone to determine your loan limit. It looks for Mpesa transaction messages, phone logs, credit top-ups, SMS chats and much more to determine if you’re human and not a bot.
Once it knows how much money goes into and out of Mpesa account, it goes straight to calculating your credit limit.
One more thing, the app uses the data collected such as your National ID number and phone number to check your credit score on CRB.
We’re are going to find out what is CRB on our next post. Be sure to check it out. Now that we know how the loan app work, let’s see what’s required for you to get a loan.
Opesa loan requirements
Opesa only requires a registered and working Mpesa number, good CRB rating and of course your national ID number. You got them, right? Next, what are the interest rates and loan repayment period?
Okay, Opesa loans come to an interest rate of 12% APR. Oh, let’s hit the pause button a minute and rewind. What is APR? Well, the Annual Percentage Rate is that it is spread over a year and can include things such as facility/service or other fees charged by the loan provider.
To calculate your interest rate, multiply the amount loaned by 12%. That is to say, loan amount X 12/100. Why 12%? Opesa has a long term ranging between 91 – 365 days.
Okay, I hope you guys got the maths, let us now move on to how to apply for a loan. Oh! I almost forgot to add the loan limit, well, the loan limits on Opesa range between Ksh 500 to Ksh 30,000 depending on your credit score.
How to apply for a loan on Opesa loan app
- To apply for a loan, assuming you’ve already downloaded the app, if not, head over to Google Play store and search for Opesa.
- Open the app and register by providing the required info.
- Check your loan limit and hit the Apply button after providing your loan amount.
- Relax and wait for Opesa to do their magic.
- If approved, your loan amount will be dispatched straight to your Mpesa account within an hour.
How to contact Opesa?
You can contact Opesa through any of the following channels:
- On Social media via their Facebook official fan page @OPesaOfficial.
- Via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the phone through their customer service number +254-207650999 and WhatsApp via 0758706946
- And lastly, if you need a personal experience, you can visit them at their offices located along Ring Road Parklands, at the Apollo Center near Sarit Centre in Nairobi
Finally, I hope that you enjoyed reading the app and your loan application was successful. Well, if you like our post, why don’t you share it on social media to help spread the word. In the meantime, let’s hear your Opesa loan application experiences in the comments section below.