Okolea loan app is a product of Okolea International Ltd, a Fintech company based in Kenya that specialises in mobile loans, money transfer services, and digital payments, among other financial services.
The loan app provides instant unsecured loans for both personal and business use. The digital loans are usually disbursed via Mpesa. Recently, due to Mpesa transaction limits, the company has opted for direct bank deposit to carter for high loan amounts of up to Ksh 250,000.
Now that we know who owns the Okolea loan app and how they disburse their loan, let’s also see;
- How the loan app works.
- Okolea interest rate.
- How to download, register and apply for a loan on the app.
- And last, get to see the Okolea loan app contacts.
Let’s do this.
How Okolea loan app works.
Okolea loan app requires Android version 4.4W to work efficiently. And like most loan apps in the market, Okolea works by collecting data from your phone.
This data is used to determine your character, CRB status, and your loan limit. The app scans your phone and collects for the following information from your device.
Currently, the app relies heavily on your credit score to determine your loan eligibility and loan limit.
- Your GPS location.
- Mpesa transaction messages.
- Apps installed on your phone.
- You contact details and call logs.
- Phone make and type.
- Credit top up and lastly, how you interact with your phone
To get a loan, you have to download the Okolea loan apk from Google Playstore as it is only available to Android devices. Next, Let’s see how to apply for a loan on the app.
What is their loan interest rate?
Okolea loans usually attract an interest rate of between 5% to 15% per month depending on the loan amount and the period it takes to repay the loan.
How to register and apply for a loan on Okolea
Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it to register by filling and submitting the original form provided. Remember to use an active email address when registering.
You’ll then be required to set up your profile on the app by providing more information about yourself. This takes less than five minutes.
After you’ve set up your profile, the loan up goes straight into the action to scan your phone for more information after which your account will be appraised and a loan limit assigned to it.
If appraised, you can comfortably request for a loan but not more than the loan limit assigned to you.
How to repay Okolea loan.
Okolea loan is usually disbursed via Mpesa or bank accounts. So, how do you repay them? Well, there are only two ways to repay your loan from Okolea one, through their loan app menu and secondly, via the mpesa pay bill number 245316, remember to use your phone number as the account number.
- Log into Okolea loan app.
- Select the “Pay Loan” menu icon.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Your Mpesa menu will then pop up requesting for your PIN.
So far, we have seen how the loan app works, what the team from Okolea looks for in particular before giving you a loan, and lastly, you can apply for a loan from the app.
But what if you have difficulties using the loan app, what do you do? Well, in our next section, we’re going to show you how you can get your issues resolved urgently and t in the right way. Here is how to contact Okolea loan customer care.
How to contact Okolea
Here is a list of Okolea loan app contacts
You can contact or reach the Okolea loans team through any of the following ways.
- On Social media – Okolea customer care team can be found through their actively Facebook page by sending a message on their DM or the comments section.
- In-App – On the app, there is a menu where you can directly chat with customer care.
- On Google Playstore via the app review section.
- On Email through email@example.com.
- You can also call them on 0743-392499, 0742-817221 and 0709-615000.
- Lastly. Why don’t you pay them a visit at their office located in Ketengela at Betty Business Centre, Room number 301?
To sum up, let us hear your Okolea loan experiences via the comments section below. If you love our post, why don’t you share it with your family and friends on social media via the share buttons below?